Purpose of the position/ Essential Job Function
To strengthen our AntWorks Finance team, we are seeking a finance professional to lead Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) responsible for developing financial planning, forecasting and reporting processes at AntWorks. It is also responsible for supporting business leadership with insightful analysis to evaluate business performance, enable strategic decision-making and support related internal & external communication.
This role offers a unique opportunity to learn about AntWorks and the Automation industry, impact the future of the business and build relationships with finance and business leaders across AntWorks. The role is based in AntWorks ‘s Bangalore office and will report directly to Sr. Director Finance.
Education: Graduation (10+2+3) specialization in Finance + CA (mandatory)
4-8+ years of a solid progression in finance analytics roles with a bias towards quantitative analysis and Financial Planning & Analysis. A Post Grad degree in finance/accounting/economics from a top tier university combined with an impressive track record preferred.
A multinational, publicly listed company background from an organization with a highly regarded finance team is desired. The ideal candidate will however combine experience in a larger company with experience in a smaller, more nimble organization with broad exposure.
- Support the AntWorks executive leadership team in assessment and communication of business performance, trends and strategic trade-offs internally at AntWorks.
- Perform financial forecasting, reporting, and operational metrics tracking
- Provide analysis of trends and forecasts and recommend actions for optimization
- Analyse financial data and create financial models for decision support
- Report on financial performance and prepare for regular leadership reviews
- Analyse past results, perform variance analysis, identify trends, and make recommendations for improvements
- Work closely with the accounting team to ensure accurate financial reporting
- Evaluate financial performance by comparing and analysing actual results with plans and forecasts
- Guide the cost analysis process by establishing and enforcing policies and procedures
- Recommend actions by analysing and interpreting data and making comparative analyses; study proposed changes in methods and materials
- Identify and drive process improvements, including the creation of standard and ad-hoc reports, tools, and Excel dashboards
- Increase productivity by developing automated reporting/forecasting tools
- Perform market research, data mining, business intelligence, and valuation comps
- Maintain a strong financial analysis foundation creating forecasts and models
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel is mentioned in virtually any financial analyst job description; familiarity with data query/data management tools is extremely helpful (Tableau, MS BI, Access, SQL, Business Objects)
- Long-term and short-term, including but not limited to Monthly Forecasts, Annual Budget & Annual 3 yr Strategic Business outlook.
- Undertake other ad-hoc special projects as assigned
- Strong work ethic and interpersonal skills, with an emphasis on teamwork, initiative and integrity. Consistent track record working effectively with senior, mid-level and junior colleagues to get results across a broad organization and diverse set of businesses.
- You should have the confidence, social awareness, and poise to work effectively with business and finance leaders, internally and externally.
- Highly analytical, strategic, and detail-oriented, with a commitment to excellence and a passion for understanding the business.
- High energy and superb attention to detail and the ability to prioritize and deliver in a demanding environment.
- Superior communication skills – verbal, written & presentation skills.
- Ability to transition seamlessly from complex analyses to simple/precise business implications.
- Thrive by demonstrating the creativity, agility and business partnership that is required to achieve Finance and corporate objectives.
- A global mindset and ability to work effectively with people and teams from various cultures and time zones.
- Ability to identify and take on critical projects, as well as lead multiple projects simultaneously in a dynamic/changing environment.
- Possessing good judgment and mature decision-making skills.
- Respectful yet assertive, with an ability to push back when needed and to know when to follow up.
- Hands-on, resourceful and a doer. Able to work autonomously but also operate as part of a strong, cohesive team.
- Highly developed ability to receive and give feedback as well as to set priorities