Purpose of the position
Maintaining and administering company networks and related networking devices including Switches, Firewalls, Routers, Access Points, VoIP’s. Etc. Responsible for network performance, troubleshooting network problems and outages, scheduling upgrades and collaborating with network architects on network optimisation. Undertake data network fault investigations in local and wide area environments in multiple AntWorks sites. Secure network systems by establishing and enforcing policies and defining and monitoring access. Support and administer firewall environments in line with IT security policy.
Essential Job Function
The candidate should have knowledge and experience in:-
- Network Design and Implementation.
- Configure routing and switching equipment.
- Working and coordinating with ISPs for MPLS, ILL, SIP, PRI for configuration and trouble shootings.
- Secure network systems by establishing and enforcing policies, and defining and monitoring access
- Maximizes network performance.
- Documenting and enforcing system standards
- Connectivity using copper/fibre, ISDN, T1, wireless
- Implement new solutions and improve resilience of the current environment
- troubleshooting network problems and outages.
- Upgrade data network equipment to the latest stable firmware releases
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Regular reporting network operational status by gathering, prioritizing information.
- Maintaining inventory for devices and settings, taking regular device backups in each location, sending CRFs, Tracking Budget Expenses. Etc
Education: Bachelor’s degree, Advance degree preferred
Knowledge and Skills:
- 5+ years of experience in the Networking field with exposure in cisco devices.
- Certification or knowledge in CCNA/CCNP/CCIE
- Bachelor’s degree, advanced degree preferred
Desirable Technical background
- An up-to-date knowledge and understanding of company's business and industry needs, as well as the technical demands.
- Recognise the importance of customer focus and/or of serving the needs of the end user
- Skill to take on a variety of tasks and pay attention to detail.
- Teamwork skills and the ability to feel comfortable working with different teams, clients, and groups of staff across an organisation.
- Organisational skills and the ability to prioritise the workload.
- Ability to take proper decision and to work under pressure as per the situation demands.
THANKS FOR SHOWING INTEREST IN ANTWORKS.