Purpose of the position
A Server support engineer will be responsible for day-to-day customer-focused support tasks and requests. Must have good technical troubleshooting skills and a foundational understanding of Unix operating systems, Windows operating systems, and networking. Should be able to handle additional responsibilities that will be assigned by the supervisor.
Essential Job Function
- To manage all physical and virtual servers in windows and Linux platforms
- Working closely with the Desktop Support team and network team.
- Managing virtual machines of VMWare, Hyper-V, Citrix, other virtualization solutions.
- Responsible for performance, troubleshooting server/service-related problems and outages, scheduling firmware, patch upgrades and updates.
- Managing Domain Controllers in Multi-domain environment for all locations and administering Active Directory.
- Monitoring and remediating the issues with quick turnaround time
- Manage O365 accounts with user/group management, Onedrive/Sharepoint management
Education: Bachelor’s degree, Advance degree preferred
Knowledge and Skills:
- 5+ years of experience in Server administration
- Certification in MCP / MCSA / MCSE / RHCE (optional)/VCP/Cloud certifications (Optional)
- Experience in software product development companies.
- Recognise the importance of organizational priorities.
- Skill to take on a variety of tasks and pay attention to detail
- Teamwork skills and the ability to feel comfortable working with different teams, clients and groups of staff across an organisation.
- Organisational skills and the ability to prioritise the workload.
Desirable Technical background
- Designing server infrastructure and Implementation.
- Strong experience in Windows servers 2012 R2 / 2016. Etc.
- Vast experience in server virtualization using VMWare, Hyper-V, Citrix and other virtualization platforms.
- Expertise in administering On-premise and Cloud Email solution like MS Exchange, O365, Sendmail, Google Mail. etc
- Reasonable knowledge in cloud infrastructure at least for AD sync in Azure AD, AWS Active Directory Services.
- Fair knowledge in different versions of Linux.
- Expertise in managing Domain Comptrollers, DNS and administering Active Directory site to site replication.
- Should have experience in cross forest wide migration.
- Taking regular reports on Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager, WSUS server and coordinate with desktop support team to update the client systems.
- Good knowledge in software/hardware RAID configuration.
- Experience in DHCP, FTP in both windows and Linux platforms.
- Documenting and enforcing system standards.
- Setting up of GPOs and implementing across the location.
- Expertise in patch updates, firmware upgrades. Etc
- Experience in WSUS server and push security/critical updates, taking regular reports.
- Experience in Anti-Virus servers.
- Experience in Database application like MS SQL, MySQL, Oracle. Etc
- Experience in setting up and managing of application servers like SVN, Ticketing systems, SCCM, Bugzilla, JIRA. Etc.
- Experience in conducting security audit on servers.
- Experience in configuring print servers and network printers.
- Experience in backup solutions.
- Reporting the operational status by gathering, prioritizing information.
- Tracking Budget Expenses
THANKS FOR SHOWING INTEREST IN ANTWORKS.