Purpose of the position
To manage all physical and virtual servers in windows and Linux platforms. Working closely with the Desktop Support team and network team. Managing virtual machines of VMWare, Hyper-V, Citrix, other virtualization solutions. Responsible for performance, troubleshooting server/service-related problems and outages, scheduling firmware, patch upgrades and updates. Managing DC, ADCs in all locations and administering Active Directory. Monitoring and remediating the issues with quick turnaround time.
Essential Job Function
- To manage all physical and virtual servers in windows and Linux platforms
- Working closely with the Desktop Support team and network team.
- Managing virtual machines of VMWare, Hyper-V, Citrix, other virtualization solutions.
- Responsible for performance, troubleshooting server/service-related problems and outages, scheduling firmware, patch upgrades and updates.
- Managing Domain Controllers in Multi-domain environment for all locations and administering Active Directory.
- Monitoring and remediating the issues with quick turnaround time
- Manage O365 accounts with user/group management, Onedrive/Sharepoint management
Education: Bachelor’s degree, Advance degree preferred
Knowledge and Skills:
- 5+ years of experience in Server administration
- Certification in MCP / MCSA / MCSE / RHCE (optional)/VCP/Cloud certifications (Optional)
- Experience in software product development companies.
- Recognise the importance of organizational priorities.
- Skill to take on a variety of tasks and pay attention to detail
- Teamwork skills and the ability to feel comfortable working with different teams, clients and groups of staff across an organisation.
- Organisational skills and the ability to prioritise the workload.
Desirable Technical background
- Designing server infrastructure and Implementation.
- Strong experience in Windows servers 2012 R2 / 2016. Etc.
- Vast experience in server virtualization using VMWare, Hyper-V, Citrix and other virtualization platforms.
- Expertise in administering On-premise and Cloud Email solution like MS Exchange, O365, Sendmail, Google Mail. etc
- Reasonable knowledge in cloud infrastructure at least for AD sync in Azure AD, AWS Active Directory Services.
- Fair knowledge in different versions of Linux.
- Expertise in managing Domain Comptrollers, DNS and administering Active Directory site to site replication.
- Should have experience in cross forest wide migration.
- Taking regular reports on Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager, WSUS server and coordinate with desktop support team to update the client systems.
- Good knowledge in software/hardware RAID configuration.
- Experience in DHCP, FTP in both windows and Linux platforms.
- Documenting and enforcing system standards.
- Setting up of GPOs and implementing across the location.
- Expertise in patch updates, firmware upgrades. Etc
- Experience in WSUS server and push security/critical updates, taking regular reports.
- Experience in Anti-Virus servers.
- Experience in Database application like MS SQL, MySQL, Oracle. Etc
- Experience in setting up and managing of application servers like SVN, Ticketing systems, SCCM, Bugzilla, JIRA. Etc.
- Experience in conducting security audit on servers.
- Experience in configuring print servers and network printers.
- Experience in backup solutions.
- Reporting the operational status by gathering, prioritizing information.
- Tracking Budget Expenses
THANKS FOR SHOWING INTEREST IN ANTWORKS.